Eliza and the Organix is a funky female-fronted rock band based in Brooklyn centered around the songwriting of vocalist and guitarist Eliza Waldman. Featuring Kristen Tivey on saxophone, backing vocals, and keys, Will Carbery on the bass, and John Gergely on drums, E&O deals in deep grooves, quirky humor, and high octane playing, drawing from a broad sonic canvas that remains focused in storytelling and soulful sound.
The band's albums include The Organix Experience (2012), Orange Moon Soon (2015), and Present Future Dreams (2017), which is being released in two parts, with Part I released Oct. 5, 2017, and Part 2 upcoming in Fall 2018.
Eliza and the Organix has appeared on radio shows/podcasts including:
- WXCI West Conn (Music In Your Shoes)
- WUML Lowell (Blues Deluxe),
- WEMF Boston (Stingray Body Art Presents The Underbelly, The Feedback with Tom Maroon)
- The Kathryn Tickell Radio Show
- Mike Taylor's Amazing Radio Show
- Skope Radio
- Radio Crystal Blue
- Sean and Dave Make Music
- Boy Wonder Vs. The World
- Rubyfruit Radio
Write-ups of the band have appeared in Lucid Culture (NYC Music Daily) and Shutter 16 Magazine, among others.
The band has played landmark New York venues such as The Bitter End, Piano's, and Arlene's Grocery, and festivals around the East Coast which include:
- Midtown Village Fall Fest (Philadelphia, PA)
- Jersey Shore Festival (Seaside Heights, NJ)
- Yasgur Road Reunion (Woodstock, NY)
- Astoria Music Now: New World Queens Festival (Astoria, NY)
- Concord Oktoberfest (Concord, MA)
- Women's Right to Rock Music Festival (Seneca Falls, NY).